Wednesday, March 19, 2014

February 24, 2014


Mi Querida Familia-

Another great week here in LA! The baptism this Sunday was pushed back
because they had problems getting all her family to fly here for the
wedding- but I'll send you pictures when it happens. This week I
taught Héctor and Maryuri English every night because they're
struggling in school. We also had a seven hour zone conference with
the Presidente which was INCREDIBLE. Very spiritual. And then next day
I went on splits with our sister trainer (the female equivalent of a
zone leader pretty much), and that was a great experience too! It was
awesome to teach with her, I think I learned as much as the people we
taught. We spent a couple days at the hospital because my companion
was really weak and dizzy- they thought she had the flu but it just
turned out to be anemia. Our doctor knew Ariel Davidson though! You
can tell them that she had a lot of respect for Mormons because of
her- and kept talking about this book that she showed her. Anyways,
small world! Yesterday all of the investigators and less active
families we've been working with came to church!!! It was nothing
short of a miracle. Then last night we knocked the door of a really
old contact in our area book- they were so excited to invite us in,
and ran to get their Books of Mormon that they'd be given awhile ago
(there were pages marked and scriptures highlighted). They said they
knew it was true, we invited them to be baptized, and they accepted
without hesitation. Your missionaries shouldn't be TOO jealous, things
like that don't normally happen. I just love telling you about the
miracles we see! The mother of one of our less active families had an
awful week, so please keep them in your prayers this week.  It was incredible
to see the power of the Relief Society in action though. They had her
pantry full of food in hours.

Time has been flying by since I left- I can't believe next week is
transfer week. But to answer your question- no, I'm not going anywhere
anytime soon haha. Presidente told me this is my area, the one he
immediately thought of when my picture came into his database- which
is exciting because I'm just getting to know everyone and street
names. I live on McBride in Los Angeles if you want to look at it on
google maps by the way! Oh and my companion wants you to add her on
FB- it's Hermana Palmyra Angulo. Thanks for the updates and pictures,
I look forward to it all week too. I haven't figured out how I'm going
to send you pictures now because we email off our iPads- but I'll
figure something out! SO excited to skype on Mother's Day though. For
now I settle with having pictures of y'all as my wallpaper. I miss you
but know you're doing well! The Lord will take care of my family as
long as I'm taking care of His. Love you each to the moon and back!

Hermana Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment