Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 24, 2014



This week was incredible, and even that's an understatement.
Quick details-

One of my friends from another area is having her farewell next month,
and she's giving me her bike because she doesn't want to take it home-
so I'll have it for when I'm transferred.

We asked the stake president to come with us to one of Rubí's lesson,
and we managed (with the grace of God) to set both her wedding and
baptism date- which we've been trying to do for months. The wedding is
April 11th, and she's getting baptized that Sunday on the 13th. We're
her little wedding planners though, and it's a lot of work! I'm
grateful that I got at least a little experience from Katie's wedding
because she has no idea what to do for anything. I'll send you lots of
pictures though!

I started the Book of Mormon a few days ago, and am halfway done
already. Most of the scriptures are so much more powerful in Spanish,
and it has been an incredibly spiritual experience.

We had a special stake conference on Sunday and Elder Christiansen
came!! The first couple rows were reserved for investigators and their
missionaries so we were on the very first row with Rubí! He knew
Spanish from his mission in Chilé and his talk was super powerful!

I went on exchanges with our new sister trainer this week- she's
great! It was nice having a change from everyday work with the same
opinions.

We've been doing FHE lessons with members almost every night because
of an idea I had when trying to think of ways to get new referrals.
And it's been a huge success! We teach the members a lesson that we
would teach investigators and then ask them who they know that would
like to hear that lesson as well. We got five new investigators this
week!

On a sadder note, the woman I asked y'all to pray for (Gabina) has
stopped her chemo treatment because it wasn't working, and was put on
hospus. We do some kind of service for her everyday we can, and stop
in to see if she needs anything but it's scary that she lives alone.


You're right though, I can see myself changing a lot. This mission is
the best choice I've even made- I'm so blessed that The Lord has
guided my life and my decisions to this point. Thank you so much for
being great parents- that's actually what Elder Christiansen spoke
about. One of the many great points he brought up was that in order
for Joseph Smith to restore the gospel, he had to have faithful
parents that would teach him that if he were to pray and ask God a
question, that God would answer that question. And because of that
simple knowledge, the whole church was restored to the earth after
decades of darkness and confusion. A lot lies on the shoulders of
parents- and I'm so thankful for the grace with which y'all carried
that weight. Te amo mucho y estoy muy agradecido por tu apoyo y fe.


Hermana Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment